Wednesday 3 December 2014


If you aren't yet familiar with the Savvy Girls podcast I wanted to draw your attention to them, not least because their most recent episode - Episode 135 - features, amongst other things my very first experience of being interviewed for audio.

It was an absolute delight to meet Savvy Girl, Melanie on her recent trip to the UK. As part of her visit she came to The Sheep Shop, Cambridge and performed a selection of wartime knitting songs which she has unearthed as part of her painstaking research into the subject. 
 
Savvy Girl, Melanie performing at The Sheep Shop
 
Witty, warm and funny - her collections of wartime songs are available to buy on CD. I bought Knitting All The Day and it sparked lively discussion and reminiscences when I shared it with the ladies at my local WI.

After Melanie's performance, there was lots of fun and chatter as we talked about knitting and it's rich history in the UK and it was a little unexpected, but a great delight to be asked about my work as a newbie designer.

Sarah, owner of the Sheep Shop and general all round fabulous person, gives a great interview too. Her enthusiasm and passion for knitting and craft is absolutely infectious and I'm sure it would inspire even a total non-knitter to pick up those needles and have a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment