Tuesday 12 May 2015

KCBW6 Day 2: It's All About You



The Secret Writer

Since I was a little girl I have always wanted to be a writer. I would write out stories longhand and then type them up on an old manual typewriter (why yes, I am in my 40s - why do you ask?). I was so proud of these little manuscripts and I would painstakingly file them away in a little box file under my bed. They never saw the light of day and at some point when I moved away to Uni they fell foul of my Mum's decluttering - Marie Kondo has nothing on my Mum - and I never saw them again.

I grew up, moved away and got a Proper Job - with science and everything. In time I found knitting, or rather it found me and in time I began to remember that I once had a creative side. I found that I could express my creative instincts in knitting, in pattern design and also through my blog, in writing again and I have to admit that it felt wonderful.

Since becoming more involved in the blogging world I have been fascinated by the practice of journalling although I'm yet to find a method that works for me. Techniques which have piqued my interest include:

Regardless of what it is called and how I do it, I have made it my own private goal to write something everyday. And no, my to-do lists (of which I write many) don't count. I have to write something in my new girly notebook every day. 

 
My new notebook for Writing Important Things

Whether it is 1 line or 1 page doesn't matter. Sometimes I sit down in a grump thinking of it as a chore but often those are the days when it turns out that I have the most to write.

At the moment these writings, like my childhood stories don't see the light of day but eventually, who knows. At least they will be safe from my Mum and her decluttering boxes.

For more information on the KCBW6 event and to follow along with other bloggers please use the hashtag #KCBW6 on social media, pop along to the Eskimimi Makes blog here or join the Facebook group.


No comments:

Post a Comment