Friday 1 May 2015

Me Made May 2015

I was intrigued by the Me Made May event last year and watched with interest as lots of people I follow shared pictures of their handmade garments and accessories online.

I watched from the sidelines last year but this year I am raring to go and eager to join in with what is shaping up to be a great, vibrant and fun event.

I recently shared the information about the event here and plucked up the courage to make my official pledge:

'I, Louise Tilbrook of Louise Tilbrook Designs, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear a handmade item each day for the duration of May 2015'

I also plan to use the opportunity to assess my wardrobe and work out which items I wear and which I don't. Those that I don't wear will be gifted or sent to the charity shop and I will be reassessing my Ravelry queue with wearable items in mind.

I am full of a cold today so I will spare you a photo of my unmade up self and instead share my school run outfit for this morning. My cosy Isis Tailcoat in yarn from Purl Alpaca - a trusty wardrobe staple on chilly spring mornings.


You can commit to as much or as little as you like - wear just 1 handmade item per week or wear a full outfit every day - the choice is yours. Just use the hashtag #mmmay and join in the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment